We are going to dye tomorrow! (haha)
1. Look through my shibori presentation
2. Using google find a textile artist who uses dye techniques in their work. This can be searched for with phrases such as "Shibori Dye Artist" "Suji" "Nui" "Kumo" "arashi." "TEXTILE DYE ARTIST"
Awesome resource: http://shibori.org/shibori-as-art/
3. Write a blog post featuring this artist. Make sure it is at least a full 2 paragraphs (if not more) ;)
- who they are, what they create
- where they are from
+ photo of their work
- Do they use a specific style? If so, which?
- Is their work more retail or gallery design?
- Why did you pick this artist? What attracted you to the work?
Because this project is different from a traditional art assignment we won't be working with the artistic behaviors this go around.
- Tell me about your piece and the movement you selected.
- What each person in your group worked on.
-If you were to do this project again, what would you change and why?
+ Photo of the piece you recreated.
Inspired by: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erbd9cZpxpsWith paintings: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2UbD4ol44kApex High's previous video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W79POsMK2Q
List of Movements with famous pieces:
Art History Form:
When you are ready to film come up to Ms. Sudkamp to be assigned your section of the song. Each group will be filming 20 seconds of video. Make sure to use the tripod to keep the video steady. Can either film with your phone (if you can email the file or upload it to the dropbox) OR you can use a classroom camera to film with.
You've filmed! Yay! Now what? It is time to upload it to the dropbox. Once uploaded there we can piece it together to make our video.
Photo of your piece
Pick 2 of the topics to talk about
1. Watch the video
2. Think about how she used something that related to her, what is something that relates to you?
3. You will be given (at least) 4 small index cards, on these cards draw each step of the GIF.
4. Photograph each drawing using the edge of the card as a boarder.
5. Email photos to yourself or access them from your dropbox depending.
6. Make Gif! http://makeagif.com/ (MUST BE USING GOOGLE CROME)
- Upload your images
- Pick speed and other options
7. Post on your blog! Also -> Tell me how it relates to you.
- In the picture options take the GIf from the download folder.
Example from Art 1:http://apex-17-sarah.blogspot.com/2014/03/abbey-road-gif.html
http://www.thisiscolossal.com/?s=GIF (Includes several pages, you can view more if you click "read more" under each post)
What you should already have: (Based on the questions that are posted with the assignment on this page)
- Two In One
- Origami Art
- Color Project
What you should be working on:
+ Photo of your piece
+ Pick two sections to write about: http://artofapexportal.weebly.com/what-i-think.html
- Watch "Between the Folds" documentary (video below)
The origami in this documentary is intimidating but very inspirational.
- Finish cutting out your shape
- Cover shape with paper. This is to make sure that the bare cardboard is not visible.
- Work on "SPACE" for Illustration Friday
Homework: research some origami. You will be making some of your own pieces
There are an abundance of resources online. If you are a beginner to paper folding try searching for "beginner origami" or "beginner paper folds."
- Watch Tissue Paper video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HZ0epTLZPk4
Use paper that is located on the tool cart to create your work. Is your piece something abstract? Non-objective? Or are you going for a more realistic look? When you are working be conscious of what you are creating. You do not have to limit yourself to the white of the paper, feel free to add other mediums. Photograph as you go.
- Covering your piece with paper.
- Use a variety of folds to cover your piece. You can look up using your phones different beginner origami or quilling techniques.
- Your shape must be COVERED. This is to make sure that the bare cardboard is not visible.
- You may use a variety of drawing materials to add to your piece (located at the front cart)
CLEAN UP 10 BEFORE THE END OF CLASS! MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS PERFECT OTHERWISE YOU SPEND THE ENTIRE TIME CLEANING IN CLASS NEXT WEEK WHEN I GET BACK.
- Watch video (elephant) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_dlIUW7paWo
- Continue to work on your pieces. Photograph as you go.
- "SPACE" due monday.
Homework -> Blog Post:
Pick 2 and answer in your blog. Make sure to add the photos you took as you went through your process.
Great reference: http://thisiscolossal.com/?s=paper
View this page for assignments, projects, and class announcements. Use the categories below to look by section.