Sculpture Blog Posts
Inspired Artist Post - Due: Feb 1, 2017
Go to ThisIsColossal.com and find an artist you are inspired by. You can pick a sculpture artist from any page on this site. (Try clicking random!) You might need to do some online research on this artist. Your post should include: (at least 1 paragraph)
- 2 or more pictures of the artist's work (15pts each)
- about the artist (name, location, material they work with, history, anything else you find of interest) (30pts)
- If they have their own site (link it!)
- What makes their work inspiring to you? What about it draws you in? Please elaborate in detail. (40pts)
Relief Project - Due: Feb. 14, 2017
Texture Mini Post
Pit Fire - Due: 3/15/2017
2/14 - Pit Fire sketch
2/20 - Bring a metal spoon
2/22 - Must be in kiln for first firing (bisque fire)
3/5 - Pit Fire Party at Sudkamp
Learning Techniques Post (Group Work)
Unconventional Material Challenge: Due- 3/15/2017
Masking Tape Shoes: Due- 3/20/2017
Throwing on the Wheel: Due 3/24/2017
- Photo of you on the wheel
- Photo of your finished piece (even if you end up recycling it)
- Explain the process of throwing.
- What difficulties did you have trying the wheel?
- What did you find successful?
Classwork Grades (Not on blog)
Group Work: (present at the end of class 3/17/2017)
As a group design a Greek inspired pottery piece. Using materials available to you display a childhood story in Greek pottery form. Be sure to include:
- Colors used (black, brown, white, dark purple or brown)
- Traditional Pottery Shape (choose from list)
- Photo of your piece finished of not
- How was your piece successful?
- What difficulties did you have with it? Was it the shape? Medium? Layers?
- Did you finish it? Why or why not?
- Photo of your piece in progress
- 2 photos of your piece on a white or black background from 2 different angles
- What is your tray set used for? How does your design make it used for that?
- How did you come up with your idea?
- Explain your process and materials. (3 or more sentences)
- In Progress photo
- 2 photos of finished installation
- What do you think of the finished product?