- Photo of your tree from 2 angles with the white background.
- Explain the process of the tree
- How is your tree successful and what might you change for next time?
- Picture of your piece
- Picture of the installation
- Explain the process of how you made the piece.
- What did you think of the idea process? Is there a way you would have rather done it?
- What do you find successful about the installation and what would you have changed looking back on it?
- Photo of your tray
- Explain what sgraffito is and the process of making this tray. (slab, underglaze, glazing)
- What do you find successful about your piece and what might you change if do it again?
- What did you learn from this project?
3 Bowls for EMPTY BOWL PROJECT
- Photo of each bowl with a white background
- What material did you use for each bowl? Explain your process.
- How did the bowls turn out?
- What did you think about using the wheel?
Unconventional Material Challenge
- 3 photos of your piece from different angles (Make sure you have the white background)
- What material did you have to work with?
- How did you overcome the obstacle of using this material?
- What do you feel is most successful about your piece and what would you change for next time?
- If you could change this project in anyway what would you have done?
Week of 3/21 VESSEL (mostly in process)
- Inspiration photos or link
- Any plans
- Photo of your piece from at least 2-3 angles with detail shots
- How does your piece fit into the "vessel" theme? What does it contain?
- What do you find successful about your piece? What would you want to change if you did it again?
- How did you come up for your idea? What inspired you the most?
Pit Fire Part 2
- Photo of your piece with a white background from at least 3 angles or detail shots.
- Explain the process you used in making this piece. Explain each one.
- What makes this technique so different from traditional firings?
- How do you feel about this piece? Is this something you would be excited to do again, or is it not for you? Why or why not?
- at least 3 photos from different angles of you piece with a white background
- During this mini project, what did you enjoy and what did you find difficult?
- What do you feel that you learned from this?
Pit Fire: Part 1
Create a blog post to answer these questions and include your plans. We will be creating a small piece for an up coming firing.
- What is a pit firing? What is a foil saggar? Include pictures for all.
- What makes these techniques special?
- Photo of your plans
- Photo of a pit firing piece or the process
Relief Post: Part 2
- Photo of Mini tile and cardbaord piece
- Photo of your main piece in progress
- Photo of your finished main piece
- What did you find successful in your piece and what might you change for next time?
- Did your piece differ from what you origionally had planned? How so?
- Did the mini tile or cardboard pieces help you in understanding how to complete your main piece? How or how not?
- What problems did you overcome in making this piece?
Relief Post : Part 1
- Link or picture of your inspiration (15 inspiration images)
- Pinterest Board Link/Photo of printed images in sketchbook/screenshot of phone album
- Photo of your sketch/plans
- Explain what you want to make and how you will be making it.
Write your post on a sculpture artist you are inspired by. Go to ThisIsColossal.com (sculpture section) and find your artist. You might need to do some more research on this artist. Within this post you should include: (at least 1 paragraph)
- 2 or more Pictures of the artist's work
- About the artist (name, location, material they work with, history, anything else you find of interest)
- If they have their own site (link it)
- What makes their work inspiring to you? What about it draws you in? Please elaborate in detail.