- What is a vessel?
- Does a vessel have to be functional?
- How does the form of a vessel change its function?
With each project you will be given a topic or theme as well as 3 material choices. think of it like a menu. You be selecting one from each category. At the end of a project you will end up with 3 projects, 1 big and 2 small. Here are your choices for vessels:
Category 1: Theme
Category 3: Materials
1. Clay (Coil, Slab, Handbuilding, Throwing)
2. Found Object (ex. Cardboard)
Before you can start your pieces you must first sketch each project out. These sketches should be complete meaning you know the materials, size, subject, and the idea behind the piece. You need to know what it is about.
+ Photo of your piece in progress
- How did you incorporated this theme?- What is your vessel supposed to hold?
-What medium did you pick and why?
-If you've had any difficulties so far, what have they been? If not, what has been successful?
+ Photo of your piece
- How do you think your piece was successful? What areas are you post proud of and why?
- If you could go back and change one thing, what would it be?
- What did you learn from this project? (could be the medium, style, process, other)